Sunday 16 October 2011

CPD23: Thing 22 - voluntary work

As I wrote in my library routes post here, volunteering in my local public library was my first experience of library work and the catalyst for pursuing an information career.  I found volunteering a really positive experience and it gave the the chance to get involved in things I would never otherwise have been able to get involved in and to develop my library skills.

Working full time, I don't really have the time or opportunity to do any library volunteering but it is something I would love to get involved with again at some point.

But. I do worry as a professional librarian that by volunteering I could be putting a paid member of staff's role in danger.  This is something I would consider really carefully were I able to get involved in volunteering again.

No comments:

Post a Comment