Saturday 8 October 2011

CPD23: Thing 18 - online casting

I have used both Jing and Audacity before - I was lucky enough to take part in a training scheme in my organisation on using online tools in enhancing learning and teaching, and these were two of those that were used.  

Jing is available across the network and has been used in the LRC  web pages to demonstrate using the online catalogue and eResources.  I found Jing really straightforward to use, the only problem being when you make a mistake, you have to start all over again... 

I have used Audacity for recording a voice-over for a video on referencing and really liked how much you can play around with the audio once you've recorded it - chopping and changing and re-ordering.  I imported the audio into MovieMaker and created the visuals to go with it to make the video.  

I haven't looked at podcasts series yet but will be looking at the Arcadia and Careers Group ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment